Ship-owners, financial institutions
Ship recycling is a crucial link in the chain of the whole shipping industry, other players also fulfill an important role to contribute to the sustainability of the shipping industry.
Ship-owners and ship financing institutions, are therefore an integral part in the chain of responsible and sustainable shipping. A cradle to grave philosophy for (financing) their assets supports ISRA’s worldwide goals. These organizations can contribute substantially to green recycling.
ISRA has intensive contacts with (inter)national organizations:
- International Maritime Organisation (IMO) concerning the requirements for the Hong Kong Convention;
- European Commission, considering the EU- Ship recycling Regulation and its implementation;
- European Parliament;
- Policy issues with the competent policy authorities in various countries;
- National oversight authorities concerning violations of regulation;
- National parliaments.
In addition ISRA has a close relationship with various organizations:
- Maritime service providers;
- (International) ship-owners (associations);
- Financial institutions;
- (Maritime) education institutes.